88 MLSs serve 80% of REALTORS. The remaining 20% are served by the rest—that’s nearly 600 MLSs! We know that consolidation will make it much easier for brokers to serve consumers, but what is the best way to approach the issue? How can we work to understand the 20% in rural, small town and resort communities and bring that group in to alignment with the 80%?
Kevin McQueen is the President of the T3 Sixty MLS Division. He joined the firm with the express purpose of facilitating MLS consolidations, mergers and collaborations. Kevin has been a real estate consultant since 2000, when he founded Focus Forward to help MLSs and associations navigate the evolution of the industry. Prior to consulting, Kevin spent nine years as the CEO of Realcomp and eight years running technical operations for BORIS Systems.
Today Kevin shares his path to consulting, from his early days with BORIS to his experience consolidating MLSs in Michigan at Realcomp. He explains the role of a consultant in facilitating strategic thinking and what led to his collaboration with T3 Sixty. Listen in to understand Kevin’s mission to pick up the pace of MLS consolidation, addressing problem areas individually with a quiet, flexible approach.
Kevin’s early experience with MLS technical operations
How Kevin transitioned to MLS leadership at Realcomp
Kevin’s insight on the benefits of consulting
Why Kevin chose the name Focus Forward
The role of a consultant in facilitating strategic thinking
Why Kevin sought a partnership with T3 Sixty
The value of accurate data in decision-making to supercede emotion-based decision making in boardrooms
The shrinking number of MLSs from 2000 to 2018
Kevin’s mission to pick up the pace of MLS consolidation
Kevin’s take on NAR initiatives as dividing vs. unifying
Kevin’s Do’s and Don’ts of MLS consolidation
Paul Prince’s quiet and respectful approach to consolidation
How Kevin’s MLS map initiated a conversation
T3 Sixty’s approach to addressing problem areas individually
Connect with Kevin McQueen: